Sunday, August 24, 2014

August Goals!




Nothing earth-shattering here but I have been working on my August Goals all this month. So far here is what they are and what I have checked off. I think having monthly goals works better than doing one big goal/resolution for the whole year. So far I have kept myself somewhat accountable, but like I said, these are just personal goals for me that probably no one else would think meant much.

1. Celebrate Haley's First birthday with her special party. DONE and it was a success!

2. Help Jonah have a great first day of preschool. DONE! He loves school!

3. Continue to make better eating choices. This one is still a work in progress and I don't think I am doing very well on this one considering we ate at Jersey Mike's subs and had pizza for supper yesterday. :( I am taking my It Works! Ultimate Thermofit each day and I haven't gained a ton but I haven't lost either. Thinking of restarting the Flat Belly Diet next week.

4. Read one chapter of Proverbs a day. I am all caught up on this and enjoying it immensely. Trying to savor the Word!

5. Read one book. I accomplished this thanks to our awesome public library. I read The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work. I really enjoyed this book and loved learning more about these Godly women. I read the book really fast and couldn't put it down. These women are definitely ones you cannot judge by their cover. I am actually hoping to read a few more books and listen to a couple while I work.

6. Stay off-line and unplugged in evenings and on weekends. I am doing so-so on this one. It's hard, I"m not going to lie! I am working on it and trying to only plug-in if both kids are asleep.

7. Take more pictures of daily life. This one is hard for me too but I'm trying to do better. My phone camera is horrid but I am going to try to take more pictures with it. Hopefully I can upgrade to a nicer phone soon!



post signature

1 comment:

I love comments!